private things. For everyone!

Monday, December 14, 2009

This week is fucking insane

Yes it is blip festival 2009 this week. And TWO of my close friends are having CD releases!
I sadly missed Misty Boyce @ Mercury Lounge this past Friday, AND Brook Pridemore @ the Sidewalk on Saturday. I'm sure there was PLENTY more that I missed.

I'm trying to think through this week & kind of promote my friends at the same time.
Here is what I am going to at this point. If you happen to read this, and I'm missing something, let me know.

MONDAY (12.14.09)
Ivan and the Terribles CD Release @ The Studio at Webster Hall. Also I believe Lowry is playing right after them. Suite.

TUESDAY (12.15.09)
Bar 4 for open mic/promotion of Blip Fest 2009/Public Assembly Show on the 20th.
All are welcome. Bring fliers/buttons/CDs if you want to promote!
**Id be happy to distribute fliers, just get them to me by tomorrow**
Sign up is @ 6:30 if you want to play.
**This is where I am pretty much every Tuesday. Its a party & an open Mic. Although its mostly singer/song writer stuff, it could be nice practice for Weds Pre-Blip open Mic**

WEDNESDAY (12.16.09)
The night before BLIP! Pre Blip Open Mic/Meet & Greet @ The Tank. I had an amazing time at this thing last year. My band 8BK-OK had our first performance, which lead to 2 DataPop shows, Pulsewave, etc. Just COME.

Also that night @ Bar 4: Local Correspondents Showcase! Lara Ewen! Heidi Sidelinker! (Paul Basile has really really good taste)
**********
Blip Fest is taking place @ The Bell House this year. Super easy to get to. No excuses.
**********
THURSDAY (12.17.09)
First night of Blip has an amazing line-up:

8- Silent requiem (viz: JYK)
8.40-FAILOTRON (viz: Paris)
9.20-Leeni (viz: Vblank)
10-Minusbaby (viz: Enso)
10.40-Chromix (viz: the C-men)
11:20-JDD3J (viz: No carrier)
12-Albino ghost monkey (viz: Outpt)
12.40 Eat Rabbit (viz: Rosa Menkman)

ALSO: my friendy Dexter Scott is playing here (so go to that if you're more in the mood for singer songwriter pop)

FRIDAY (12.18.09)
This is going to be a commute-y night for me

Starts @ The Bell House for 2nd Night of BLIP FEST:

8-Disasterpeace (viz: ENSO)
8:40-Starscream (viz: JYK)
**only staying for the beginning of these dudes bc..

(full band! They are so good, I can't. even. breathe.)
Kevin is also the Bass player in my band Ten Antenna, so there is no way I'm missing this.

**Back to the Bell House to catch:
10:40-I, Cactus (viz: Vblank)
11:20-NULLSLEEP (viz: Rosa Menkman & Paris)
12-RAINBOWDRAGONEYES (viz: The C-Men)
12:40-Patric C (viz: No Carrier)

SATURDAY (12.19.09)
IF it weren't Blip Fest I'd be going to this Because COME ON

But it is Blip Fest, so I'm doing this instead:
3rd night of Blip!

8-The J. Arthur Keenes Band (viz: Rosa Menkman & ENSO)
8.40- Trash Can Man (viz: JYK & Paris) <--<3>
9.20-Bubblyfish (viz: no carrier & outpt)
10-The Hunters
10.40-Glomag (viz: The C-men & Vblank)
11.20-Bit Shifter (viz: outpt & enso) <--someone might need to make sure i dont die during this
12-David Sugar (No Carrier & Vblank)
12:40-Psilodump (viz: Paris & The c-men)

SUNDAY (12.20.09)
TWO post-blip shows today! I organized the one @ night, so make sure you come!

Post Blip Matinee From what I understand, this is a showcase/CD release! At Piano's on Ludlow. 4pm-8pm. Should be sick, so go if you're not too hungover. That's my plan anyway.


My band 8BK-OK is playing with an AMAZING line-up :

Anamanaguchi
Magic Hammer
IAYD
starPause
8BK-OK

Viz by: JYK, Paris & Rosa Menkman

$5!! Doors @ 10!! COME

MONDAY (12.21.09)
MORE POST BLIP! @ Death By Audio

IAYD
sylcmyk
greenleaf
The Shortsleeves
exileFaker
(vizz tba...)

***
So then, I think if we haven't died from alcohol poisoning, or just been fired from our jobs...we deserve one more party...TBA.





No comments:

Post a Comment