private things. For everyone!

Sunday, April 25, 2010

The Bleedy Song Redux

This was a song I wrote about three different encounters. It started as a joke--probably because it's hard to digest a lot of the terrible things that happen. Anyway, the first verse is showing the dichotomy of sexual encounters for women (from my very biased perspective--describing two very different situations), and the second verse is about getting sexually assaulted. I'm writing out the lyrics because this guy who is recording Ten Antenna right now heard this song and liked it. Also, I recently changed the words a little to make the song a little more descriptive, and therapeutic for me to sing.

"Are we goin' on Holiday?" was still ringing in my ears,
when I focused on famous faces over his shoulders.
Two little children trying to give it meaning
(to mean it to you).

"He's got five other beauties waiting in L.A."
when I focused on the ceiling, not on his breathing.
He said:
"We're so grown-up, we don't have to give it meaning.
Our timing was wrong."

I didn't bleed the first time, but I am bloody now
I didn't try the first time, but I am trying now.
We were using brute force,
I'm carrying this burden on my under-eyelids.


I put the elephant in the room, recklessly drank it down.
I'm sure I played some part, my role--it's frustrating.
Variables of action verbs confuse me-
I am so tired.

"Zero to sixty on a dime," helps me understand,
'Cause I'm still feeling the echoes of one night
that drew a line in the sand, I'm now who I am.
Replaced all my parts.

I didn't bleed the first time, but I am bloody now
I didn't try the first time, but I am trying now
He was using brute force
I'm carrying his burden
On my under eyelids.

No comments:

Post a Comment