private things. For everyone!

Saturday, April 17, 2010

ev'rybody wanna piece

Yes I have many many many ideas. But I'm good at ideas. Execution, however, has always been a problem.

It's like ADHD: you can't read to the end of the line, or listen to the rest of a sentence, because you get it, and you're BORED.

So yes, maybe I've thought of an article to write for whatever blog I'm writing for, but I just can't write it.

My brain never stops whirring. ever. Even my dreams are intricate and vivid. I'm never at rest. It's totally exhausting in here.

*side note: I don't mean that I'm alert. I'm not talking about mania, I'm talking about attention-deficit/hyperactivity.

To friends of mine who are "stuck" creatively, I always say: take care of yourself. You're like a little toy car. You gotta rev it up a little before you can just let it go. But for me, it's like as long as I have a modicum of brain activity (conscious or not) my brain will just keep going.

But if I keep going at this pace, I don't know how much longer I can go. It's been 27 years, and the wear and tear on my nervous system has been brutal.


No comments:

Post a Comment